Causa Justa :: Just Cause [CJJC] builds grassroots power and leadership to create strong, equitable communities. Born from a visionary merger between a Black housing rights organization and a Latin@ immigrant rights organization, we build bridges of solidarity between working class communities of color. Through rights-based services, policy campaigns, civic engagement, and direct action, we improve conditions in our neighborhoods in Oakland and San Francisco and contribute to building the larger multi-racial, multi-generational movement needed for fundamental change.
CJJC is hiring for a full-time, non-exempt position. The primary role of the Executive Coordinator is to support the Executive Director and the Leadership Team. This position will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operations of the Leadership Team and will support the scheduling and planning necessary for the success of the Program Directors and Executive Director. The Executive Coordinator will be supervised by Communications Lead and will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that there is consistency, follow-through and accountability to deadlines and work plans.
The Executive Coordinator position is based in CJJC's Fruitvale office. During Shelter-in-Place/quarantine, CJJC staff are working from home.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The Executive Coordinator works as part of the Fundraising Team, to support the Executive Director and the Leadership Team Team. This position will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operations of the Leadership Team and will support the scheduling and planning necessary for the success of the Program Director and Executive Director.
Provide scheduling and organization support to the Executive Director
- Serve as a primary point of contact for scheduling all meetings for the Executive Director and the Program Director;
- Assist the Executive Director with managing various communications including responding to email and phone messages in a timely manner;
- Produce and manage all aspects of the Executive Director’s daily schedule including a system for providing reminders, supporting logistics, preparation for meetings, etc.;
- Assist the Executive Director in prioritizing key work and meetings;
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and maintaining a personal filing, tracking and work space organization system;
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing and submitting financial expense reports and reimbursements.
Provide scheduling and travel support to the Program Directors
- Support Program Directors in scheduling internal meetings with each other regarding Leadership Team business;
- Support the travel logistics for the Executive Director and Directors Team (Note: when Shelter in Place orders are lifted and it is safe to travel again)
Miscellaneous Organizational Support
- Active and regular participation and contributions to political education, leadership development spaces, and fundraising;
- Participates in reproductive labor for shared office spaces (when Shelter-in-Place orders are lifted and we are back in the office) & during staff meetings;
- Manage weekly personal work plan and regular internal & external communications;
- All CJJC staff are expected to support our core work of grassroots community organizing. This may include supporting community members' activities, supporting meeting and event logistics, and participating in voter education and grassroots fundraising.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Strong commitment to social, gender, racial and economic justice and alignment with CJJC vision and mission;
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills
- Basic computer skills – familiarity with Word, Excel and web browsers required and Google Calendar & Google Drive, graphic design programs &/or social media platforms preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and proactive. Proven ability to work independently and think about the timeline of tasks;
- Strong systems thinker and ability to create systems to organize work;
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Bilingual Spanish-English is a plus!
- Salary Range: $49,000- $55,000 depending on experience. Position includes a generous benefits package including vacation, PTO, holidays, full medical, dental, vision and Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).
- Position open until filled. People of color, immigrants, women, trans* and queer people are strongly encouraged to apply.