Cause Justa :: Just Cause (CJJC) is a grassroots community organization building Black and Latinx community power to achieve justice around issues of tenant rights, immigrant rights, and criminalization of low-income Oakland and San Francisco residents. We're looking for a Team Lead to join our exciting outreach campaign of educating Black, East and West Oakland residents about their tenant protections and rights.
- Temporary, part-time, non-exempt (hourly) job
- Pay: $22.00 per hour
- Shifts are 6 hours per day, for a total of 24hrs/week
- Availability required for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Exact schedule to be determined
- To start as soon as possible.
- All CJJC staff are working remotely during the pandemic
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide scheduling support for the Black Tenant Outreach Team:
- Lead phone outreach to Black residents of East and West Oakland neighborhoods to discuss current tenant protections and services available
- Support scheduling and turnout for the Community Advisory Council
- Engage Oakland residents on CJJC’s mission to build Black and Brown working class power
- Attend online check-ins at the beginning and debriefs at the end of the shift with the full team
- You will receive a list of residents to contact
- You will be trained on some of Oakland’s frequently-violated tenant laws and how to inform tenants about their rights, as well as the services available to them
- Attend assigned trainings and orientations
- Manage weekly personal work plan and regular internal & external communications
- Ability to work according to schedule requirements outlined above
- Ability to work well independently
- Access to a phone required; ability to talk on the phone for a 4.5 hour-long shift
- Reliable Internet connection required during scheduled shifts
- Basic computer skills required
- Familiarity with web browsers, Doodle, Google Suites (Gmail, Drive, Calendar), Zoom
- CJJC will provide necessary tech, accounts, and supplies
- Organized and accountable, attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills, self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations
- Positive attitude, including an ability to take direction and willingness to receive feedback
- Timeliness required, must be reliable and log onto computer on time
- Strong commitment to social, gender, racial and economic justice; alignment with CJJC vision and mission
- Fluent English required, other languages a plus
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous participation with or knowledge of Causa Justa :: Just Cause’s work
- Knowledge of the Black communities in Oakland
- You do not have to live in the SF Bay Area but must have deep knowledge of the neighborhoods we serve
- We will consider a candidate’s full range of educational, professional, and life experience. CJJC does not require that candidates possess any specific degrees or levels of formal educational attainment.
- Position open until filled
- People of color, immigrants, women, trans* and queer people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position and sharing your relevant experience.
- When sharing your resume and cover letter, please keep in mind that CJJC’s hiring platform is not a secure site - please do not include sensitive information such as social security number, citizenship status, etc.
- Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of messages from us.
- Causa Justa :: Just Cause is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status.